Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, August 20, 2010

::i LOVE bedsharing::

I LOVE Co-Sleeping/Bedsharing, In fact, sometimes I feel like a paid sponsor for the cause. I spend a lot of time (some might say too much time) on the message boards. And it occurs to me that a lot of people conflate the terms co-sleeping and bedsharing. In fact, I used to also, until I read articles on the subject.



Co-sleeping and bedsharing are related in that bedsharing is a form of co-sleeping. It is sort of like the “all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares” situation. Co-sleeping is sleeping in the same room as your baby. If you have a bassinet in your room, but it is nowhere near your bed, you are still co-sleeping. Bedsharing is a form of co-sleeping in which your baby is actually in the bed with you.



My husband and I co-sleep with Caitlin by bedsharing. Like most families who bedshare, we did it completely by accident. It actually started in the hospital. The second day we were in the hospital, I fell asleep holding Caitlin while she breastfed. I woke up and noticed how comfortable she was, and this feeling of warmth and peace just overcame me. We took a couple of naps like that in the hospital, but for the most part, I let her sleep in her bassinet. When she was in her bassinet, I felt a little empty. I was also very paranoid about something happening to her.



When we got home from the hospital, we co-slept the first night, but did not bedshare. Caitlin slept in her bassinet in our room. Again, I missed having her next to me. The next night, Caitlin was fussy and did not want to go to sleep. My husband and I decided we would let her sleep in the bed with us, so we could be skin-to-skin. She slept peacefully that night, and so did we. Caitlin has been in our bed ever since.



My husband says he loves waking up in the morning and seeing Caitlin and I sleeping, with her using my arm as a pillow. I love feeling her warmth. Breastfeeding her is so easy. A lot of times during the night, she will just “self-serve” without even waking me up. Sometimes in the morning, I just stare at her while she sleeps next to me. Sometimes I wake up and find her newly awake and looking at me. Often, during the night, she touches my lips or my cheeks and laughs. It is just the best feeling in the world.

sumber : WHAT TO EXPECT



OWH~~again.....ini juga saya apply dalam kehidupan saya~~~~i lurve bedsharing....sgt2 okeh.....sgt suker biler tgk Alif bgn pandang kiter pastu tenyummm.....cairrrr okeh!

till meet again::P

..wit luv..

1 comment:

shima said...

oooo... sweet!!! hehe ~